Temple Laugherne.basil | 5/5/2006 | 11:08 am
Temple Laugherne 1920′s. Parkbarn Archive.
Original driveway off Martley Road to Temple Laugherne farm. The Lodge was occupied by a Mr Woodhall and later by a Mr Wood, both were farm managers.
A computer firm is now based at the Lodge.
Hops were grown on the farm in the early 1900′s, in later times apples pears and plums were produced. Today a massive factory has been built in place of farm buildings,
several well stocked fishing lakes are situated on farm area near Dines Green and Oldbury. Most of the farmland now is given over to kidney bean and other vegetable crops.
In recent times the area in the photograph has been developed, tree’s removed and road widened to facilitate a huge lorry access to the food processing factory.
The Knoll Bank. Parkbarn Archive.
Today the ditches have gone, road widened and a footpath has been added. The cottages on the right originally built during the 1830′s, have now been rebuilt and extended. The large house in elevated position on the right behind cottages is Oaklands.
Tall saplins and a large oak now overshadow the Knoll.