Upton Upon Severn.
A landmark in Upton Upon Severn is the medieval pepper pot bell tower. Originally a church tower, it now has a copper covered cupola. The Heritage Centre is housed here. The Pepper Pot is the oldest surviving building in Upton.
Admiral Sir William Tennant 1890-1963.
The Bronze memorial bust was commissioned in 1987 and sculpted by local artist Leslie Punter from Martley.
Admiral Tennant, lived in Upton at “The Eades” Monsell Road. He was honoured for allied preparations for the D-Day landings.
He was an Alderman of Worcestershire County Council. The Freedom of Worcester was bestowed on him in 1958.
Footbridge at Marina entrance.
The footbridge was only erected after walkers objected to having to walk around perimeter of marina after construction.
The Marina was developed from a disused clay pit, this involved diverting a popular riverside path around the artificial lake, however there was a public outcry when developer cut path in two, forcing walkers to detour around marina.
The Ramblers Association, The Civic Society, Malvern Hills District Footpath Society and public objectors all combined to demand the path be re-instated by the erection of a footbridge. After a long delay the present footbridge was put in place.